This week’s work in progress is the dress for work (except that at the moment I haven’t got a job). The bodice is coming along well and I managed to set in the sleeves, which went all right but was more down to luck than judgement. The next stage is to remove the basting, press the centre back seam and then join the bodice to the skirt.
I have to confess that I find the fabric a bit sober and drab, but then it was started with work in mind. However, it’s a good opportunity to revise and practise my newly-learnt skills.
Second daughter, who is definitely coming round to my way of thinking, has asked me to make her a prom-style dress and a pair of high-waisted shorts – nothing too challenging there then! She obviously has an over-inflated impression of my talents, although she tells me she doesn’t need the dress until next year, so she recognises that it’s going to take a lot of trial and effort.